“This program should be a prerequisite for social enterprises considering scaling. It would save everyone a lot of money, time, and aggravation.”
– Previous participant
We do not yet have dates for future trainings scheduled. Click here to be added to the list to be notified when dates are added.
Previous Dates: May 24, May 31, and June 7, 2022
Format: Live, virtual
Cost: $650-750 depending on registration date
Get right what so many organizations get wrong about scale.
How can you ensure that you don’t waste your time pursuing a weak scaling strategy that’s unlikely to be funded? How can you demonstrate to internal stakeholders and funders that you’ve taken a robust, strategic approach to scale? How can you make better decisions and tests along your journey? Through a series of three virtual sessions, we will use practitioner lessons and funder insights to help you build a robust approach and smart steps to scale your impact. Register here!
Actionable, practitioner-focused training.
We don’t let anything just sit on a shelf. At CASE at Duke University, we’ve always kept practitioners – social enterprises, funders, investors – centered in our work, ensuring that our products are relevant and actionable for you. For this training, we started with the end in mind – the plans you will need to bring to your senior management, board, or funders – and have created a focused training to ensure you hit the key decision and strategy points along the way.
“I have come away from this training with a very concrete list of ways to create positive change within the organization.” – Previous participant
Learn from experts in the field.
The training builds on CASE’s 20 years studying and supporting impact enterprises to scale. Developed and led by award-winning CASE faculty and staff, including Executive Director Erin Worsham (lead author of the Scaling Pathways series and regular conference speaker) and Faculty Director Cathy Clark (founder of the CASE Initiative on Impact Investing and ranked top female faculty influencer in business and society) and supported by leading CEOs and funders who have navigated the path to scale.
“This is the best professional development experience I’ve had in YEARS.” – Previous participant
You will walk away with:
- Frameworks and tools to help you :
- navigate key traps for scaling social enterprises,
- rethink and assess your scaling strategies,
- refine and test your approach to scale,
- and provide a more compelling pitch to funders.
- Key next steps to present to your senior leadership, board, and/or funders with potential scaling strategies, implications, and resources required to test them.
- Tips from veteran scaling CEOs as well as cautions from funders about how to effectively scale your impact.
- A cohort of peers navigating the journey to scale along with you.
The program takes place virtually (via Zoom) over three weeks, with three live, highly interactive 2.5-hour virtual sessions with a cohort of practitioners. The program will also include 30-60 minutes of pre-work and work in between sessions. You will have dedicated time during sessions to apply concepts to your own unique work, hear from experts, and have opportunities for peer learning and feedback.
To maximize the benefit for everyone, you are expected to attend every session, complete all assignments, and contribute collaboratively in the class and in small groups.
“It felt like a very friendly, safe space to do some difficult work and put myself out there.” – Previous participant
Who Should Attend:
Senior leaders of social impact enterprises (nonprofit, for profit, or hybrid) whose organizations are seeking to identify and apply new strategies to scale impact. Organizations can be in any geography, any sector, and any size. Organizations should have established sufficient traction to be ready to pursue scale; this training is not intended for early-stage enterprises still developing their models.
Spring 2022 Program Schedule:
9am-11:30am EDT on Tuesdays May 24, May 31, and June 7, 2022
- Early Bird Rate (April 8 – May 6, 2022) $650
- Regular Rate (May 7-23, 2022) $750
Cancellation policy: If after registering you are no longer able to attend the program, you may:
- Transfer your registration to another person from your organization up to May 17, 2022. After this date we cannot accept transfers.
- Cancel your registration and receive a 50% refund if cancellation is requested by May 17, 2022 by 5pm EST. No refunds are available after this date.
- If a minimum cohort size is not reached, CASE reserves the right to cancel the training and refund payment to registrants.
Additional questions? Email email@example.com.